Saturday, May 2, 2009

FAMILY EXPO

I can't believe it was almost seven years ago that my sister and I started thinking about Family Expo. Now as we celebrate our fifth year it is truly bitter sweet. This year we have the best speakers and the best line up of entertainment and with all the odds against us it seems like it could be our best to date. The bitter is that in the excitement, we are dealing with the illness of our father. What keeps us going is hearing in the back of our minds, his many words of advice over the years - "complete the job, do the best you can, what is the worst that can happen, we are here for you". Words of advice taken so loosely when given to us and then cherished so much in our memories. My sister and I will complete the job. We will do the best that we can. Together we can do it. We know our friends and family are here for us. What is the best piece of advice your family has given you? Have you passed it on?

No comments:

Post a Comment