Saturday, May 8, 2010

FRIENDS FOREVER

I'm sure you've had the debate with friends. You ask "Are you on facebook?" Some reply, "get a hobby," and others will proudly stand up for this hobby. I love it. I am pretty busy, I have a job, I am a mother and I am involved in a lot of things. I walk every morning with my dog with some wonderful women in my neighborhood. I am not a computer geek by any means. I have no interest in computer games (except scramble on my iphone). Finally I have found a way to connect with friends without trying to phone, leaving messages, and waiting to hear back. Instantly I can send a message and receive them on all topics from kids to jobs, from witty messages to personal notes. I was so blessed to have some wonderful friends growing up. In Cape Breton, life for a kid, was pretty pleasantville. My bosum buddies were 7 girls aka "the crayons" (we went as crayons at halloween in 1980) and we shared some great times. There were break ups, hour long phone calls, crazy expeditions, the loss of parents and a million laughs. Sure we had our personal issues and sometimes they drifted us apart, but around my dinner table at night when I talk to my kids about growing up - the names Jackie, Melissa, Lisa, Kim, Allyson and Shawna come up all the time. We share coded sayings that only we can decode like "deader than dead" "i can't feel my nose" "snwp" and so many more. This morning I woke up to a note from one of them, with some old photos. It made me smile, like these women always have. Many people will touch your lives, but these seven girls find their way in my thoughts at least once a day. Call them your BFF's, call them your Bosum Buddies, call them friends forever, regardless I hope to see them together again soon. If that doesn't happen I guess facebook will have to do

1 comment: