Tuesday, April 7, 2009

MY KIDS ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY

Don't get me wrong, I love my children. But today I am trying to work on Family Expo, complete funeral arrangements for my mother-in-law, handle PTA issues, visit my dad in the hospital, plan a bday party for my son and force (encourage my kids to practice piano). To help out I have asked my eldest to help his brother practice piano , this has turned out to be a nightmare. Screaming and crying, yelling and hitting - no kidding! My perfect little family has turned into a warzone. "Calgon take me away" How can two kids that love each other most of the time turn into such enemies? and I don't mean me and my hubby, but come to think of it we are not that much better just minus the hitting! What family dynamics to you face?

Hey my sister (also my partner in Family Expo) had a moment. We were talking about our Easter plans and she had a meltdown over the fact that her babies are not Easter Egg hunting anymore. It is different this year, we usually go to Cape Breton and everybody searches for eggs on Easter morning, but this year with Dad in the hospital and Mom staying in between our homes, Samantha my niece at university and Nash my nephew 17 years old, we won't be having the same traditions. How do we cope with change? How do we start new traditions and is it ok to mourn the old ones?

No comments:

Post a Comment