Friday, March 13, 2009

Do I do it for the thanks?

If I said I am happy to see the end of my kids school winter carnival would it be wrong? This week I became consumed with my kids school winter carnival - I helped them make costumes for Character Day, put great hats together for crazy hat day, helped organize a gym and spaghetti night and served hot chocolate to all the kids on the last day. Why do we try to do too much? One mother asked me "Are you trying to be mother of the year?" Am I? I think I do it because I had one heck of a great mother and she made it look really easy - granted she was a stay at homer but this week so was I - I let my work slide, ignored my wash, wore lots of ponytails and one time went to the grocery store in my pyjamas? Am I crazy? Why do we do more than we have too?

No comments:

Post a Comment