Sunday, March 15, 2009

GUILTY PLEASURE, OBSESSION, HOBBIE - WE ALL HAVE THEM - LET'S EMBRACE THEM!

WOW, I woke up this morning and my husband and my son were off to hockey practice. A sense of relief hit me. After they return our day is free. Sure we need to get supper, visit our parents in their hospital and seniors homes, walk the dog, but otherwise we were free. My youngest got up and said "Mom can I watch TV all morning?" A ha, at 7 years old he admits his first guilty pleasures - watching tv and relaxing. I started mine off with listening to CBC's Michael Enright for 2 hours straight with several cups of coffee. Then I planned my second guilty pleasure a trip to Frenchys (second hand shopping), third I am psyched to watch the Housewives of New York City at 10 tonight. Are these lame? - yes, but they make me happy. Some guilty pleasures you want to tell the world about, example "I love to work out at the gym every morning", others you keep underwrap "I will not miss ABC's The Bachelor". I use to hide my guilty pleasures - at night I like to read magazines instead of a book, I like WHITE BREAD!, I can spend two hours in Shoppers Drug Mart - at 44 I am less likely to protect the image of my perception of what I think others want me to be. What is your guilty pleasure and as you get wiser do you feel freer to be the real you?

No comments:

Post a Comment