Thursday, March 26, 2009

MOMS EMBRACING TECHNOLOGY

A few years ago, my kids used their birthday money to buy the standard gameboy. My hubby and I have been in agreement regarding limiting their time on this technology, and we have not given into (yet) purchasing any other game systems. We are minorities when it comes to this. Their gameboys are hardly used anymore, because they have became relics, they don't even make games for their type of gameboys. Hogan my eldest did receive an ipod for Christmas this year, and has become a music fanatic since receiving it. Although as parents we like that he loves music, we want to ensure he doesn't spend too much time in ipod isolation, and we have to monitor everything he listens to.

As a kid, teen and adult, I have been slow to jump on the technology bandwagon, but now have learned that as a mom who has her own business, technology has become a necessity. I have a laptop, blackberry, joined facebook, sold things on kijiji, bought on amazon and ebay, and now have entered the world of twitter. It has taken me awhile to realize the value of these new forms of communication, but I have to tell you, I like them. As a mom entrepreneur, it is so important that I can do my business whenever I have a moment between pta, hockey, walking my dog, and working on a couple of businesses I own. It has allowed me (in my own little world) to accomplish what I need to do, and feel good at the end of the day! I can honestly say it has allowed me to go to bed some nights guilt free. How does technology work for you as a mom? How do you safeguard your family from technology isolation? join twitter and connect with some great mom sites - twitter moms for sure! It already has 10,000 moms across the globe connecting to do business and sharing mom entrepreneur advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment