Saturday, March 14, 2009

IS A MOTHER ALWAYS MOTHERING?

Woke up this morning at about 5:30 and started to do some laundry - it seems so crazy but my insomnia has become a great time for me time. Yep, it comes down to that, laundry in my books is equated to a spa day. No really, I grab a coffee, turn on the radio and spend some time with myself. When I heard some sounds from upstairs I went up to see my oldest son (10 years) slip in bed with his nanny (my mom is staying with us while my dad is in hospital) and he was telling her all about his day - it was sweet. There she was doing what she has always done listening. This tranquil moment soon changed when she came downstairs and started to make breakfast. I sat down with her to have tea and then she proceeded to tell me how she hopes she wasn't in our way and she hated that I was doing her wash. Was she a bother? OH MY GOD - you sacrificed your whole life for me this is the least I can do. When do you stop being a mother? Does this unique love/hate relationship continue forever? Will I be telling my boys to pick up their underwear when their in their forties?

No comments:

Post a Comment